About us: From the back of a surf shop parking lot in Tofino, British Columbia, Tacofino was born. Our food and drinks are inspired by our world travels and our west coast roots.
From Tofino, we have grown into four bustling restaurants and three food trucks across Vancouver and Victoria and plan to take over the world one delicious Taco at a time.
What we offer:
• Competitive pay
• Eligibility for extended health benefits
• A fantastic workplace environment and culture
About the role: We are experiencing growth and looking for a great leader to come join our team! You will be supporting the Chef de Cuisine with leading, motivating, and engaging our back of house team. You will help oversee all food preparation and ensure maximum productivity and cost-effectiveness through food and labour costing initiatives.
• Produce and maintain consistent standards of food quality and customer satisfaction
• Ensure that all menu items produced by staff meet the specifications of the recipes provided
• Assist in maintaining all kitchen equipment, repairs and service
• Maintain kitchen cleanliness and proper rotation of product
• Ensure appropriate safe food handling procedures are in place and followed at all times
• Assist in tracking and maintaining clear records on vacation, sick, and lieu days
• Assist with ordering from both suppliers and internal production kitchen
• Assist with maintaining up to date station pars, station prep lists, and temperature logs
• Maintain standardized closing duties, ensuring these are completed daily
• Assist with monitoring kitchen food and labour
• Assist with the the counting and submission of bi-monthly inventories
• Assist with providing orientation, ongoing training, coaching, and progressive discipline
• Represent the interests and core values of the Company in the workplace at all times
• Other duties as required
• A minimum of 3-5 years of culinary experience in a fast-paced, high volume professional kitchen environment
• A minimum of 1 year in a leadership culinary role
• Effective problem-solving skills and the ability to resolve issues with staff and/or suppliers
• A demonstrated passion for soulful food, people, and the restaurant industry
• Excellent kitchen skills, knife skills and the ability to lead/call the line and work a station in a busy restaurant
• A positive and supportive leadership style
• Self-starter, flexible and the ability to multi-task
• Experience with inventory counts and ordering
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize
• Attention to detail
At Tacofino, we believe our people are what makes us great. If you are a positive person with a strong work ethic that is looking to come join a fun workplace culture, then we invite you to apply for this role by submitting a resume.
We believe in creating an inclusive environment and welcome all qualified applicants to apply.